Certificate in Education Finance
Fall 2022 Cohort
Fall 2022 Cohort
What is the Certificate in Education Finance?
The CEF is an interdisciplinary certification combining finance, economics and leadership with public policy and administration. The hybrid interactive virtual and in-person learning is designed for busy working professionals.
Participants learn to:
- Identify common (but often ill-understood) cost drivers in education.
- Analyze how policy affects equity and resource use.
- Effectively consume and use education finance information.
- Strategically allocate resources to reach desired outcomes and avoid unintended consequences that can negatively impact students, schools, and communities.
- Grapple with productivity and financial tradeoffs in an environment of finite education dollars.
- Communicate finance strategy and decisions to myriad audiences.
Who should participate?
The program targets, but is not limited to, education policymakers; central office leadership; campus and network leaders; analyst and graduate students; grant makers and non-profit leaders. No prerequisites or advance preparation required.
What type of credit can participants earn?
Upon completion, participants earn 4.0 CEUs and their Georgetown University Certificate in Education Finance. Additionally, CPE* and PDC** credits are available.
*Georgetown University’s Certificate in Education Finance is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
**Edunomics Lab is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 30 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.” For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Tuition and costs
Tuition for this cohort is $3,500 per participant. Additional individual expenses vary as tuition does not include transportation or accommodations.
Want to learn more?
Select your areas of interest and we will get in touch.