What is the Certificate in Education Finance?
The CEF is an interdisciplinary certification combining finance, economics and leadership with public policy and administration. The hybrid interactive virtual and in-person learning is designed for busy working professionals.
Participants learn to:
- Identify common (but often ill-understood) cost drivers in education.
- Analyze how policy affects equity and resource use.
- Effectively consume and use education finance information.
- Strategically allocate resources to reach desired outcomes and avoid unintended consequences that can negatively impact students, schools, and communities.
- Grapple with productivity and financial tradeoffs in an environment of finite education dollars.
- Communicate finance strategy and decisions to myriad audiences.
Who can join a CEF cohort?
The program targets, but is not limited to, education policymakers; central office leadership; campus and network leaders; analyst and graduate students; grant makers and non-profit leaders. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. Upon completion, participants earn 4.0 CEUs or 42.2 CPEs.*