Training & Events
Certificate in Education Finance (CEF)
Financial and resource allocation issues influence all aspects of U.S. public education policy yet are often not fully understood. This one-of-a-kind Certificate in Education Finance (CEF) equips participants with the practical skills they need in strategic fiscal management, finance policy analysis, and financial leadership to deploy resources in ways that do the most for students.
What is the Certificate in Education Finance?
The CEF is an interdisciplinary certification combining finance, economics and leadership with public policy and administration. The hybrid interactive virtual and in-person learning is designed for busy working professionals.
Participants learn to:
- Identify common (but often ill-understood) cost drivers in education.
- Analyze how policy affects equity and resource use.
- Effectively consume and use education finance information.
- Strategically allocate resources to reach desired outcomes and avoid unintended consequences that can negatively impact students, schools, and communities.
- Grapple with productivity and financial tradeoffs in an environment of finite education dollars.
- Communicate finance strategy and decisions to myriad audiences.
Who can join a CEF cohort?
The program targets, but is not limited to, education policymakers; central office leadership; campus and network leaders; analyst and graduate students; grant makers and non-profit leaders. No prerequisites or advance preparation required. Upon completion, participants earn 4.0 CEUs or 48 CPEs.*
EARN YOUR CERTIFICATE IN ED FINANCE
Leading Resource Allocation Reviews: A Guide for State Education Agencies
Edunomics Lab will provide guidance for states on conducting ESSA-required Resource Allocation Reviews (RARs) to support school improvement. We’ll share a step-by-step guide and discussion protocol that SEAs can adapt for their own use. Hosted by BSCP Center. Register here.
Council of Great City Schools Annual Fall Conference
Edunomics Lab researchers will team up with leaders from two school districts to explore how newly available school-level financial data offers new opportunities to engage with principals around the relationship between spending and student performance.
ASBO International Annual Conference & Expo
National Harbor, MD
Marguerite Roza will present on Leveraging School Financial Data to Improve Outcomes and Messaging That Builds Trust.